Should I try or Not?  

Posted by Ezequiel Leversee


This was my artwork from the final year project as well as graduation project at Equator Academy of Art in year 2005. My effort is still vivid in my mind, what kind of characters I should show/exhibit or how long I have spent time on developing those characters... That was very enjoyable which I had spend a lot of time to make survey on the artist's conceptualization like Darkstalkers or Horror creature. Since I was not very good in drawing real-like detailed characters, so I came to "chibi" concept with cute expression as you see in my artwork above.

Recently, I have browsed the blog website, "tokidoki" which discussed about his current development on his character. I was really surprised that he is really talented illustrator. My colleague told me that he is really very famous in UK and mostly in world. o_o I recall my colleague talking how he made himself famous in the commercial world. He was only doing his personal website about his artwork. Not very long, his website become the top ten. A company invited him to form a business. All his characters are sold in any form of product such apparels, bags, jewellery etc... He is damn great artist and illustrator.

Hmm, long time after the day of my graduation, I never practice on drawing character any more. Now I feel I am still far away behind if compared to him. (*sigh). My colleague who saw my talent pursued me to try to be like that illustrator. -_- It's really impossible and impossible mission... My talent has been buried away so long since I started working in same year after my graduation. Anyway, I will try to relive and revive my talent back.. Hehehe... I need some time and moral support =P to improve and strengthen my concept . My skill is still blunt, need to sharpened for time being before I could be better artist.

Well, I sometimes feel funny about this. Usually I always got many ideas, but still unable to project on papers or computer... Funny is it? It also happened to my colleague. He said he always got many ideas but when doing, it will be totally different from what he wanted. Haiz me neither. When not achieving what I wanted, I was really furious and sometimes put blame on myself... Hehe what to do.. I believe designer do experience the same way as I am... Everything is not so perfect and if there are really a perfect thing, then it would be flawed in no time. I believe, as if there are imperfection, why not making it perfect yourself? Like when you are drawing apple on white paper, the apple appeals beautiful but still look lonely in spacious white area... Why not adding something to make it more beautiful.

Like old days, I need to make some survey and think of what kind of characters I should show/exhibit and improve the expression. I was not really satisfied with my old artwork because on that time, I was kinda in hurry and didn't have to mold the proper espression. It was rather commonly cute but still not consisted of the horror expression. Hmm, I will try to re-create, redevelop, restyle and rebrand the old characters I did before. Who will know it would be successful one day. =P Perhaps I will try add female and other horror characters more. It is temporarily unconfirmed yet. Gambatte, I say to myself!!! =P

Tell me, should I try it out or not? Any advice? =P

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Anonymous  

hi ya,im from france.from what u said.this is about time and luck.you should try and try and just shoot it.if you've got luck then you know when you are going to be big in this industry.anyway,you have good skills.adios

I suggest that you practice some design 1st.. You can put your design in your own website.. They will visit your website..Let see how they like yours or not.. ;)