Virus Hacker on MSN!!  

Posted by Ezequiel Leversee

My MSN was been scammed by virus hacker. Thanks for my stupidity and curiosity... Usually when my friend send me link url, I would like to click it to open without knowing it was really send by my friend or not... At one time, my friend send me an URL so I opened it and it asked me to type my password in order to process the next step. Without thinking twice, I typed it in then browse through but there was nothing interested. Next day, I logged in my MSN but few minutes, my MSN suddenly log in other computer. I finally realized it was virus hacker. So I immediately changed my password in my email. Luckily it didn't get serious at all... Learnt my lesson, now I have to be careful when receiving any URL.. Hehe

Lately, I noticed that most of my friends have been scammed by virus hacker... At same time, I was informed by my friend about their email change. -_- How come it can happen like that? Well, it began with the suspected URL from an unknown source that spread to MSN users. Then the users will think the link was sent by their friend and unable to resist their own curiousity, finally give it in and click the URL to open.

Not all virus hacker can be destructive or vulnerable... Depends on the type of virus hacker.. The most important is when you receive an unknown file or website that asked you to download something, DON'T even click or open it... It has a extremely high risk to be attacked or crashed by powerful virus like Trojan.

Alright, herewith my advice for you in order to prevent your MSN being hacked or scammed.
  • DON'T click any unknown URL that is sent to open before making sure with your friends. Always double check with your friends before clicking the URL.
  • If you have clicked the unknown URL by mistake and the website popped out, DON'T worry, it is less harmful and just don't put your email or password.
  • When you receive unknown URL from your friend, close the conversation windows immediately and block your friend for a week (if can).
  • Always scan your PC with anti virus all the time.. And importantly, update your anti virus software every time.
  • NO NEED to change to new email if you are being hacked. Just change your password to new password and try not to open your MSN within a week!

I discovered that among the messenger, MSN is the most messenger that got virus spread over the world. In my personal opinion,the security of MSN is fairly poor...really weak. Anyway, I hope MSN corporation should figure this problem out and try to improve the security level.

My friend, please be careful when you are using MSN messenger. Don't let any URL fool you... Don't think you've won any contest.... Hahahaha..


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments